Support our Annual Clean Water Fund
Some of our accomplishments of 2019:
- Phase II of the dredging of the Cotuit channel and beach nourishment of Dead Neck Sampson’s Island with dredge spoils began and finished in late 2019. This will further enhance shorebird habitat and improve water quality.
- Raised 120,000 oysters in our upweller at Gateway Marina, Hyannis in partnership with Massachusetts Oyster Project and the Town of Barnstable. In September, the oysters were moved to Cotuit Bay to mature until harvestable size, while improving water quality.
- Partnered with the U.S. EPA to facilitate a Bog Restoration Workshop in December.
- Increased our presence in the community through outreach events including, our second Clean Water Challenge golf tournament, the 9th annual Paddle for the Bays RACE Cape Cod, and the second Shuck! oyster festival.
- Expanded our educational program with BHS students who work with us multiple days a week on pond monitoring.
- Teamed up with Cape Cod Beer to create Clean Water Wednesdays, an educational series.
- Continued our...
- Monitoring of marine invasive species in the town of Barnstable.
- Monitoring of ponds and lakes through PALS, we monitor 31 ponds throughout the town of Barnstable.
- SMAST estuary sampling at multiple locations on several days.
- Monitoring the cranberry bogs at the headwaters of the Marstons Mills River and began collecting more data.
- Weekly monitoring along the Marstons Mills River.
Your support will help us:
- Install and test several pilot alternative systems to remove nitrogen
- Increase the number of oysters grown in our upweller
- Develop additional education and outreach programs