- Start: March 24, 2021 2:30 pm
- End: March 24, 2021 3:45 pm
Session 2: Supporting Public Access to Recreational Waters
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
3:30pm – 4:45pm
Click here to register.
Watershed Action Alliance’s 2021 virtual conference addresses environmental justice as it pertains to clean and plentiful water, reconnected rivers, and healthy watersheds for all. Sign up for one, two or all of the three sessions and learn from local leaders and experts about this timely topic. The conference is free, although donations are encouraged.
Supporting Public Access to Recreational Waters, the second session, also boasts an exciting line up of presenters, who will speak about:
- the successful and popular Neponset River Greenway Trail, and how grassroots efforts, local support and targeted marketing increased usage by environmental justice community members and others
- Indigenous people’s rights to access ancestral fishing grounds in Massachusetts and beyond
- how social science, data collection and hearing from those most impacted can aid in making public access areas to water welcoming and available to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) communities