Aquaculture Internship Announcement
Barnstable Clean Water Coalition (BCWC), located in Osterville, Massachusetts, is a non-profit organization working to restore and preserve clean water in Barnstable.
BCWC seeks two Aquaculture interns from May thru August.
Responsibilities: Interns will assist with the care of oysters and maintenance of off-site upweller tank. Duties include sorting oysters, tracking oyster growth, cleaning upweller tank and equipment, collecting water quality data, and data entry. Interns will also assist with public outreach and educational presentations on oysters, water quality and the upweller.
Interns should expect to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, 4-5 days/week and 5 hours/day, including weekends.
Internships are unpaid. Interns must provide their own transportation and housing.
• Internship is open to students or recent graduates, 18 years or older, currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a college or university with a major/degree in environmental science, aquatic/marine science, biology or another related field.
• Intern should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Comfortable communicating with people of all ages.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds.
• Comfortable working in the field and in all weather conditions.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and and contact information for one reference (name, email, phone number and affiliation to applicant) to Heather Rockwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due: Friday, March 13.
For more information on BCWC, visit our website at BCleanWater.org.