Water Steward Position Announcement
Barnstable Clean Water Coalition (BCWC), located in Osterville, Massachusetts, is a non-profit
organization working to restore and preserve clean water in Barnstable.
BCWC seeks four Seasonal Water Stewards from May thru August, working approximately 30-
35 hours per week. Stewards must provide own housing and transportation.
• Educate visitors on Dead Neck Sampson’s Island about coastal water birds, marine
wildlife, barrier island habitat and clean water issues
• Assist staff with water quality and marine invasive species monitoring, and maintenance
of oyster upweller project
• 11:00am to 6:00pm, days vary
• Weekends and holidays required
• Late-May through late-August
• Must be 18 years or older, preference given to students, currently enrolled in or
recently graduated from a college or university with a major/degree in environmental
science, aquatic/marine science, biology or another related field.
• Small boat handling experience desired
• Must be a capable swimmer
• Comfortable working in the field and in all weather conditions
• Knowledge of coastal ecology, aquatic/marine ecosystems preferred
• Comfortable communicating with people of all ages
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds
To Apply: Send cover letter (with approximate start and end dates), resume and contact
information for two references (name, email, phone number and affiliation to applicant) to Heather Rockwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due: Friday, March 13.
For more information on BCWC, visit our website at BCleanWater.org.